Friday, March 10, 2017

The Changing Classroom!

I am Stacy Altieri, a kindergarten teacher at Martin Luther King Jr. School 9 in the Rochester City School District.  I have been teaching for over 21 years!  I remember when the first smart board was introduced with a large roll in screen and a projector...I couldn't wait to try it out!  Now we have chrome books with touchscreens, ipads, and document cameras that replaced the old overhead projectors.  We use our cell phones to gather information and stay in touch with people all over the world!  My own children have never even used a rotary phone and had to stay within the length restriction of the coiled handset.  I watch movies in 3D at home and even can read my email on the TV screen in my living room!

In today's changing world we have to continue to stay up to date with the technology that is pushing into our classrooms and lives and pushing us as educators!


I hope to learn as much as I can from my peers about what technologies are out there and what will enhance my teaching and my student's learning!

In my spare time I will continue to craft away!  I love crafting and baking!  I spend weekends at craft fairs or baking for special occasions. Hopefully I don't ever find this on Pinterest fails!

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited about the VR possibilities. I have a couple of cardboard goggles if you want to use them. Just need a smartphone.

    Beautiful cake... My neighbor would love it.... He is everything John Deere.
    Thank you for returning this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have VR goggles that came with my phone, I am slowing working with them at home. They are so cool...got to explore Christ the Redeemer Statue in Rio through the VR goggles.

      Delete
  2. Great post! I have used a rotary phone, but only because my grandmother still had one and.. it is a blast!! I watch 3d movies at my mom's house but I don't yet have my own 3d TV. I can't wait to learn with you during this course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this once, but I don't think I clicked the right button to finish it. I love your blog, but I am terrified of being left in everyone's dust. GONOODLE looks awesome. I am going to start using that tomorrow. Hope you are there for support, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could relate to all that tech talk! I remember being so apprehensive about having a Smartboard and NOT a chalkboard! Now I can't imagine the reverse! Our kids are so much more advanced than where we came from!

    ReplyDelete