Friday, April 7, 2017

Planning and Goal Setting

In a Kindergarten classroom very little work is independent.  As I have worked with this years group of students I have found that many are open to new tasks and challenges.  I believe I have a few students that are ready to use digital tools to enhance their writing and publish their work.  Paper and pencil tasks are necessary, but I felt that it may be more engaging to dive into digital illustrating (using ipad screen to draw pictures and color), typing of writing (using keyboard on ipad to type writing), and introduce the self recording of students reading back their work (they love hearing their own voices).

Here are some examples of the writing pieces ready for digital illustrating:







I have decided on using Seesaw and having the students upload this work using Draw on the app.  The tools and very simple and easy to use.  They can draw with their fingers and add colors to their drawings.  They can then touch the typing icon and begin typing on the page with their illustration.  Draw also has the added feature of recording the student reading their writing.  This will be very engaging for students as they work through this process of digitally publishing their work.  They will also be able to share it with peers from our class and collaborate to edit and improve their work.  





We will also be able to give parents the opportunity thanks to Seesaw to see their child's work!

6 comments:

  1. I started using seesaw this year. You are right, it is very easy to use. For that reason I chose it over other sites for students to share work and blog. Can't wait to see what your students produce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have a long way to go using Seesaw! I have read through your blog and student work. It is challenging with Kinders, but each time I use something like draw...they rise to the challenge!

      Delete
  2. I think it's great the little Kinders can also produce work on computers! It might be helpful to have some type of tool they could use to draw with, rather than their clunky fingers (a stylus, etc). These kiddies are way more advanced in technology than we ever were at that age. It's really us who are hesitant rather than the students. Can't wait to compare their pencil/crayon drawings to the Seesaw drawings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about the stylus too...may try it.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see the end result. Good luck and happy drawings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is awesome that you are able to incorporate seesaw with the little ones. I know my 5 year old is better with technology than I am maybe she can show me seesaw.

    ReplyDelete